We cannot wait to kick off Roots this year with our 5th/6th graders. Roots is our Wednesday night program at Mira Lagos, Mansfield West, and Green Oaks. It follows the typical school year schedule with breaks at thanksgiving, Christmas and spring break. We will end the year with a fun night of celebration in May.
We will be starting off our year with a kick-off party for all campuses at our Mira Lagos Campus. It will be on September 30th from 6:30pm-8pm. This will be a great time for your student to be reunited with their friends, meet their leader, play some games, and learn more about Roots. You can register your student here.
Register your student here to let us know they plan on coming to Roots.
We know this year looks different than any other previous year, and we want to make sure you as parents know what your student can expect from a night of Roots.
- There will be a car drop-off line in which your student will need to be temperature checked prior to getting out of the car. If you would prefer to walk your student up to the building, we can do their temperature check there as well.
- All students and leaders will be expected to wear their masks for the entirety of the night.
- At the beginning of the night, the students will be playing outside. We will be diligent about hand sanitizer but also allow the students to be able to play together (gaga ball, football, volleyball, etc.)
- Once we move inside the building, students will sit with their small group and remain that way for the remainder of the night.
- Their small group will stay as consistent as possible throughout the year to help them build relationships, share life with one another, and limit their exposure.
- For pick-up, there will be a car pick-up line. Stay tuned for campus specific information.
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com.
COVID-19 Health Policy
We’ll all need to work together to help keep everyone safe and healthy. Please stay home and participate in our Rush Creek Kids At Home Class if any of these symptoms apply:
- A temperature of 100 degrees or above (no fever reducing medications given in the last 72 hours)
- Signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection: cough, shortness of breath, sore throat
- Chills/shaking with chills
- Muscle pains or body aches
- Vomiting or Diarrhea
- Loss of taste or smell
- Undiagnosed rash
- Congestion or runny nose
- Known close contact in the last 14 days with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID 19.
If our team members notice any of the following symptoms in your child, you will be called to pick them up immediately.
Admission/Exclusion Due to Symptoms of Illness
- If any child or leader shows symptoms they may not return to Sunday morning class until all 3 of the following criteria are met:
- At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery of all symptoms (no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications)
- The individual has improvement in respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath)
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared
- We ask families who have attended a service to contact the church immediately if their child or family member has tested positive for COVID 19.
- The health and safety of our kids is of utmost importance. If we believe a child is becoming ill through visual observation, coughing, runny rose, or another symptom, we will remove the child from class and call a parent to pick up their child immediately. The child must meet all three criteria above to return to class.
If Rush Creek Kid, Leader, or Staff has a confirmed COVID 19 case
- A phone call will go out, and we will notify those who have come in contact with the individual who has been confirmed with COVID 19. An email will go out to all individuals in attendance on that Sunday.
- We will follow the health departments guidelines on cleaning procedures.