Rush Creek Families,
We are so excited to open Kids ministry for all ages! We are no longer asking you to register your children for Sunday morning services. Our goal is to make our rooms as safe and healthy as possible while still providing an environment for your kids to learn about Jesus and build healthy relationships. We’re committed to creating an environment that is safe. To make that possible, our weekend services have been redesigned and new policies and guidelines have been put in place.
Here are some extra precautions we are taking due to coronavirus:
- We will be doing a health check for every member of the family at Kids Check-In. One of our leaders will assist you when you arrive at Check-In.
- Leaders will wear a mask or face shield. Currently, it is only mandatory for 4th graders and up to wear a mask. However, we encourage all elementary kids to wear one.
- Kids will sanitize their hands before entering into their classroom.
- If your child or household has been sick in the past 72 hours, we ask that you stay home. Symptoms include but are not limited to a temperature of 100 or more, respiratory symptoms, headache, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell, undiagnosed rash, or muscle pains. We also ask you stay home if you or a family member has had known close contact in the last 14 days with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19.
- We are encouraging social distancing in our hallways and Check-In. We will implement social distancing by avoiding mixing classes after drop-off, no playground time, and maintaining distance from others outside their classroom when possible. It is impossible to social distance children while they are in their classroom and want to allow them the opportunity to play with their friends.
- One parent will be allowed at drop-off and pick-up. We are asking that the same parent does both the drop-off and the pick-up.
- Bibles are allowed for all of our grade schoolers, but we are asking that you do not bring any other personal items back with your child including a car seat, stroller, diaper bag, toys, or stuffed animals. If your child needs a snack, bottle, or anything, we will text you during the service for you to come feed your child.
- Our goal is to clean all the toys after each service.
- You will be given the option if you would like for us to change your child’s diaper. If you would like us to change their diaper, we will be providing the diapers and the wipes unless they have a specific allergy. If you need to bring them with their own diaper and wipes, please put them in a gallon-size Ziploc bag and label it with their name.
- If your child needs to be fed, we will call you out of service to feed your child.
If you have any questions, you can email your campus contact below.
- Green Oaks: Lauren Van Hoy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mira Lagos: Lauren Sudberry email@example.com
- Mansfield West: Misty Nailon firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arlington Park: Tiffany Ward email@example.com
We’re committed to creating an environment that is safe. To make that possible, our weekend services have been redesigned and new policies and guidelines have been put in place.
COVID-19 Health Policy
We’ll all need to work together to help keep everyone safe and healthy. Please stay home and participate in our Rush Creek Kids At Home Class if any of these symptoms apply:
- A temperature of 100 degrees or above (no fever reducing medications given in the last 72 hours)
- Signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection: cough, shortness of breath, sore throat
- Chills/shaking with chills
- Muscle pains or body aches
- Vomiting or Diarrhea
- Loss of taste or smell
- Undiagnosed rash
- Congestion or runny nose
- Known close contact in the last 14 days with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID 19.
If our team members notice any of the following symptoms in your child, you will be called to pick them up immediately.
Admission/Exclusion Due to Symptoms of Illness
- If any child or leader shows symptoms they may not return to Sunday morning class until all 3 of the following criteria are met:
- At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery of all symptoms (no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications)
- The individual has improvement in respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath)
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared
- We ask families who have attended a service to contact the church immediately if their child or family member has tested positive for COVID 19.
- The health and safety of our kids is of utmost importance. If we believe a child is becoming ill through visual observation, coughing, runny rose, or another symptom, we will remove the child from class and call a parent to pick up their child immediately. The child must meet all three criteria above to return to class.
If Rush Creek Kid, Leader, or Staff has a confirmed COVID 19 case
- A phone call will go out, and we will notify those who have come in contact with the individual who has been confirmed with COVID 19. An email will go out to all individuals in attendance on that Sunday.
- We will follow the health departments guidelines on cleaning procedures.