To support the Family Team in equipping parents to build stronger families and disciple students to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ, shepherd teams of servant leaders for ministry excellence, and lead student ministry staff to carry out the mission and vision of the church.
Core Values: Creativity, Adaptability, Sacrifice, and Team
Who Should Apply for this Role?
The leadership of the church believes wholeheartedly in the centrality of the home for spiritual instruction and development. Because of this, we are searching for followers of Jesus who love students and have a strong calling to help parents become the primary faith leaders in their kids’ lives. They also should be passionate about the ministry of the local church and exhibit a heart to shepherd servant leaders for the work of the Gospel. Finally, all candidates must be able to work in a team environment with ministers representing every campus of the church.
First and foremost, love Jesus and foster your relationship with Him through personal devotion, corporate worship, and Biblical community.
Shepherd servant leaders for the work of the ministry on one campus by doing the following:
- Recruit and train new leaders.
- Set up and maintain a leadership structure to ensure care and accountability for every leader.
- Shepherd leaders through relational connection for spiritual growth and ministry excellence.
- Deliver weekly messages, plan special events, and other tasks necessary to facilitate student ministry programming.
- Under the direction of the Family Pastor, in cooperation with every campus and every age-specific ministry on the family team, equip and encourage faith talks weekly for every family through equipping materials and strategic initiatives.
- Lead the student ministry team to better excellence through weekly meetings, coaching, intentional growth planning, and onboarding new staff members.
- Work closely with the Family Pastor for alignment with Rush Creek Lead Team direction.Administration:
- Maintain budget, calendar, and all other administration requirements in a professional manner
- Communicate regularly and creatively with servant leaders, parents, and staff-at-large all pertinent information regarding the children’s ministry.
- A clear call to serve families in the context of the local church
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is desired
- Three years of experience serving students on a church staff or in a related staff role
- Demonstrate a proven record of exhibiting the following skills and competencies:
- Ability to communicate clearly and cohesively
- Ability to develop, empower, and lead high functioning servant leader teams
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem-solve, use time management, and prioritize work
If interested in applying, please send your resume to CurtH@rushcreek.org.