Rush Week 2017
Night of Worship & Baptisms | Sunday, August 6
Our next baptism service will be during our Rush Week Night of Worship on Sunday evening, August 6 at 6pm in the Green Oaks Worship Center. Join with all four of our local campuses as we celebrate life change at Rush Creek. Children of all ages are welcome and childcare is provided for kids 5 and under. Register for childcare below by July 30.
Rush Week | August 7-18
Rush Week is a time we can reach out to the schools in our community and help them start off the new school year right! Join fellow Rush Creekers as we spread over several schools in our area to help teachers get their classrooms and building ready! Click the button below to see our schools and to sign up for a time to serve. Rush Week t-shirts are on sale in the Commons at each of our campuses for $5, grab yours today!
This year, we will be volunteering in the following schools across our area:
Arlington Classics Academy-Intermediate | Arlington Classics Academy-Primary | Boles Junior High | Carol Holt Elementary | Charlotte Anderson Elementary | Cora Spencer Elementary | Daulton Elementary | Diane Patrick Elementary | Donna Shepard Intermediate | East Handley Elementary | Imogene Gideon Elementary | James F. Delaney Elementary | Linda Jobe Middle School | Mary Jo Sheppard Elementary | Mary Moore Elementary | Nancy Neal Elementary | R.F. Patterson Elementary | Remynse Elementary | West Handley Elementary | Wood Elementary
Below are examples of what our volunteers have done in the past:
- Assist teachers with their classroom including cleaning, putting together packets for students, cutting materials for students, putting up decorations and academic materials, etc.
- Power-washing chairs
- Landscaping, pulling weeds, trimming bushes and trees, planting flowerbeds
- Cleaning up playgrounds, trash, painting multiplication grids on the concrete
- Administrative tasks for office or teachers
- Airing up P.E. equipment
- Packing or Unpacking needed materials for the year
- Gluing baseboards in hallways, tearing up old mosaic tiles in hallways
- Painting walls and doors for classrooms
- Organizing books or materials for library or teachers
“As always, it was a pleasure to have Rush Creek out at Patrick. I am so glad that we have a partnership. You have been a beacon of light to the staff and the community and I greatly appreciate it.” -Matthew A. Brown, Diane Patrick Elementary Principal
“A few volunteers assisted a teacher who is coming back from maternity leave. She was so excited to be able to play worship music while we worked and was so thankful for the help since going back to work will be extra hard this year with a 3 month old at home.” -Charlotte Anderson Elementary
“The teachers were blown away by all the volunteers were willing and able to do! Some teachers cried because they were so thankful. This elementary doesn’t have a PTA or much support when it comes to prepping for the school year.”